Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Food Addicts Anonymous

I was reading an article on EDiets.com that talks about food addictions. I have to admit, I probably fit that bill. When I get hungry, I get angry, impatient, and just an all around pain in the ass. It takes every ounce of effort on my part to calm down until I get something in my stomach. Granted, I do work out 5 days a week and have gotten used to eating 6 times a day but I'm still amazedat how crazy I get when I'm hungry.

My wife has been good about it, basically we have to stop whatever we are doing to feed me or she knows I will be a pain.

I never really thought of food as an addiction for me, after all we think of food addicts as obese people that can't control themselves right?

Ironically, there are many of us that are fit and trim and still can't control ourselves around food. There is a Chinese buffet place that we go to often. When we are there, all bets are off. The fact that I can go in and eat 4 or 5 plates of food and then dessert is sickening.

Maybe one day age will set in and portion control will be introduced into my vocabulary. Until then, watch out all you can eat's and buffets...

The article I referenced in EDiets.com is:
http://www.ediets.com/news/article.cfm/cmi_2425286/code_30171

No comments: